Monday 10 January 2011

New year, new Roq!

It's the first full week back at work for Vive le Roq for 2011, and I thought it worth flagging up what we're planning for the year ahead.

In short, much more Vive le Roq!

When I got the blog up and running, my intention was to have an update every day, Mon - Fri, but things got in the way, time was against me, etc and it never really got to the level of content that I had planned.

But with the new year comes new resolutions, and a more regular Vive le Roq update is one of mine, starting today and from now on. (Or until I get too busy, obviously!)

So rather than just battering on, I think it makes it easier both for me and for the reader if I get a little bit more organised, so here goes.

I'll have five loose categories, a different one for each day of the week, and a spare one for whenever or whatever...

Monday: Editorial: Something a bit like what you are reading just now, plans for the blog, or something in particular I think deserves special attention

Tuesday: New: Hilighting a new act or song,

Wednesday: Retro: Something from the past that I reckon is worth flagging up.

Thursday: Off beat: Something perhaps a bit obscure or unusual, maybe something that comes outwith the usual pop or rock boundaries. Jazz, folk, experimental...

Friday: Chart: What's making the charts in France. Might be something new, or something that has been significant in the charts, what's at number one, that kind of thing.

Any of these may be dropped or changed or moved about as I see fit, or replaced by any of these spare categories:

News: fairly obvious, something that I reckon merits inclusion on account of its newsworthiness

Interview: probably won't be many in this category, but hopefully an area something that will develop over the year

Live: maybe someone I've seen live, maybe tour information of an act who are in the UK

In short, trying to make some sense of what is a huge field, and hopefully cover as much ground as I can.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment