Monday 14 January 2013

Lescop: UK release for debut album



I've written before about Lescop, one of my favourite new acts that I discovered last year.

His self-titled debut album came out in October, and I've featured videos for both the tracks La Forêt and Marlène.

So I'm particularly pleased to see the album getting a release in the UK, and another show in the UK later this week.

I didn't get round to listing an album of the year at the end of 2012. I was uncertain who was deserving of the honour, but I reckon that Lescop was the album of 2012 for the Vive le Roq blog.

Hopefully the Victoires de la Musique awards will note this distinction when the decide who deserves the Best Original Song award, with lescop shortlisted for La Forêt alongside Camille, Sexion d’assaut and Marc Lavoine.

Hopefully 2013 will be the year that Lescop gets the attention he deserves and becomes the star that he deserves to be.

Lescop plays in London this week, with a show at Birthdays in Stoke Newington on Thursday night. Fingers crossed we'll see more of him over the next 12 months.


LESCOP en Mouv' Session - LA NUIT AMERICAINE by LeMouv

No comments:

Post a Comment