Tuesday 24 December 2013

Vive le Roq's French video of the year

I've been increasingly consuming music through channels like YouTube, so I thought I'd take account of this
and give a 'best music video' award this year to a well-deserved winner.

Stromae's Formidable was without a doubt my favourite French music clip this year. And yes, I do know he's Belgian.

Like the best music videos, it's a simple idea, done perfectly. It compliments the song, and is one of those rare clips that is never forgotten once it is seen.

Stromae comes across wonderfully, as both the witty prankster and as the vulnerable human being, so convincing is his performance. But above all it makes him appear likeable.

 I wonder how it would have played out in the UK or elsewhere. Would a member of the public have helped him off the tram track? How would the police have reacted here?

With over 51million views on YouTube, a thumbs-up from Vive le roq is hardly going to make his career, but hats off to the MaeStro.

No comments:

Post a Comment