Thursday 3 March 2016

M83: Do It, Try It

Details of the new M83 album emerged only the other day, and almost immediately the first track from the
Junk comes out.

The much-awaited new album comes out on April 8, their proper follow up to 2011's international success Hurry Up, We're Dreaming.

The new single suggests a flavour of 80s nostalgia, something that's been present in much of their earlier work.

In a press release Anthony Gonzalez said: "I want to show different sides of me on this album."

"I want to come back with something more intimate, yet somehow with…less me!" 

"All my albums have layers of eclecticism to them, but with this album I wanted to take that even further."

About the album's title, he said: "Anything we create today is going to end up being space junk at one point anyway, and I find it really fascinating and scary at the same time - beautiful too in a way.

"I have this image of pieces of humanity floating in space, lost forever. It also means that nowadays everything goes so fast and everybody is kind of throwing away art in a certain manner.

"People will listen to an album for instance and just pick a track they like to put on a playlist. They're not going to take the time to listen to an album anymore because they have to jump on the next thing"

Guests on the 15-track album include Beck and Susanne Sundfor.


No comments:

Post a Comment